Human Resources

Human Resources

Home > Medical Center Card Services > FAQs


What are your hours?
The Card Office is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. The office is closed for lunch from 1:30-2 p.m. on Monday and from 1:30-2:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday.

Where are you located?
The ID Badge office is located in Medical Center North, Room D-2107. Our physical address is 1161 21st Ave. S., Nashville, TN, 37232.

Where should I park?
East Garage is the closest parking garage. It is located on 21st Avenue and is across from the hospital on Medical Center Drive. As you face the front entrance of the hospital, Medical Center North is located just to the right of the hospital on the other side of the sidewalk that leads up a short hill.

I've lost my ID card. What should I do?
You can get a replacement card from the ID Badge office in Medical Center North, Room D-2107. There will be a $20 replacement free, and a new photo is required. You may pay with cash, credit or check. We do not do payroll deduction.

My ID card was stolen. What should I do?
You can get a replacement card at the ID Badge office in Medical Center North, Room D-2107. If you have a police report, we will waive your replacement fee. Please make sure you have the police report and/or police report number. A new photo is required for the replacement ID badge.

I'm a new employee. Can I get my ID card at your office?
If you were unable to have your badge printed at orientation on Monday of your first week, you may come to the ID Badge office in Medical Center North, Room D-2107, for your new ID badge. Otherwise, your supervisor should have submitted an online authorization form for you to receive your new ID badge. Please check with your supervisor to ensure the online authorization form has been submitted to our office for the printing of your ID badge.

I have a new credential or title. Can I come to your office to get a new ID card?
All status changes require an authorization form from your department submitted online by the authorized signer in your department. Once the form has been submitted, you may bring your current ID badge to the ID Badge office in Medical Center North, Room-2107, in exchange for your new badge. If you do not have your current ID badge, there will be a $20 replacement fee. You may have a new picture taken for your ID badge at no additional charge.

If I am uploading my ID badge photo online, what is the preferred photo orientation?
If you are uploading your ID badge photo online, please take your photo in the portrait orientation. You may receive a rejection if you upload a photo that is landscape orientation. See step-by-step directions for uploading by desktop computer or smart phone.

Can I get my parking permit in your office?
Parking permits are not available in our office. You may purchase a parking permit from East Garage, located on Medical Center Drive across from the main entrance to the hospital. The office is located near the elevator on the main floor, across from the hospital. You will need your car registration.

What do I need to bring to get my ID card?
You do not need to bring anything. Check with your supervisor to see if he or she submitted the online authorization form. 

I can't add money to my card. The website is not working.
Often this is a browser issue. Try using another browser such as Chrome.

I want to add cash to my card. What should I do?
To upload cash to your ID card, go to the Card Office in Room 184 of the Sarratt Student Center. If you have questions, you may call the Sarratt Center Office at 615.322.2273.

I added cash to my card, but when I tried to purchase an item there wasn't any money on my card.
Contact the Sarratt Student Center office at 615.322.2273.