VUMC Culture Survey
The Vanderbilt University Medical Center Culture Survey is a critical tool in allowing employees to have a say in how we work together, the way we learn, how we communicate to staff and how satisfied we are with our jobs. Their voice helps us build a stronger VUMC as we all know that creating a great place to work takes all of us.
The new name reflects our combining three surveys — safety culture survey, the staff engagement survey and the nursing Magnet survey — into one survey. Press Ganey, our patient survey partner, will also administer the VUMC Culture Survey.
In 2016, the survey was from May 16-29.
Engagement Score and Metrics
- Our overall engagement score increased from 3.79 in 2015, or 69.6 percent favorable, to 3.97 in 2016, or 74 percent favorable.
- The 2016 VUMC Culture Survey had a 81 percent response rate - 15,045 employees took the survey.
Below are several items with the most improved scores from last year.
We Heard You
Below are several of the lower performing items compared to the national healthcare average.
Process and Next Steps
- Managers learning results – discussing with teams, prioritizing areas of focus
- HR partnering with teams needing more support
- Theme each month to inform and respond to
- Look for tag on efforts related to survey results