Human Resources

Human Resources

Home > Payroll > Changes to Records

Changes to Records


This webpage addresses Employee Information Changes and Job Changes, listing which forms are to be used for the various types of changes to records, and providing samples and instructions (if there are none on the form itself).

[Note: Do not use these procedures for Federal Work Study Program (FWSP) student workers. Contact Student Financial Aid (Student Employment) directly for any changes to FWSP student workers or FWSP positions. Also, refer to the Student Employment Website.

Employee Information Changes

These changes are submitted directly by the employee without departmental approval by completing the Voluntary Self-Identification form in C2HR.

  • Military status change
  • Race, sex, disability, and veteran status

The following should be changed using the employee self-service tool, Connect to HR (C2HR):

  • Home address change
  • Home phone number change
  • Emergency notification contact change
  • Direct deposit or paycheck distribution change

The following forms are also available at HR Express - 2525 West End Ave., 2nd floor:

Name Changes

An employee must submit the Personal Information Change Form and a copy of his/her new social security card to initiate a name change, with a revised W-4 Form for 2016. Also see W-4 Form for 2017. A Personnel Action Form is not required to process name changes.

Note: Changes in Marital Status require the employee to notify the Benefits Office to make any change in marital status that may impact benefits coverage.