Human Resources

Human Resources

Home > Payroll > Records - FAQs

Records - FAQs

How do I change my W-4 status?
Complete a current year Form W-4 to change your Federal/State income tax withholding. Forward signed original to HR Processing for processing. There is no limit to the number of times per year that you may change your W-4 withholding. Mailing Address: 2525 West End Avenue, 5th Floor, Nashville, TN 37203 or you can drop off at HR Express, 2525 West End Avenue, 2nd Floor..

I did not have enough tax withheld from my paycheck this year. May I write a personal check to VUMC to pay additional income tax?
No, the tax code does not provide for this type of payment. You have the option of completing a new form W-4 to have additional taxes withheld from your paycheck. For additional information, contact the Internal Revenue Service.

I have direct deposit and I am changing banks. Will my current direct deposit be canceled while I wait for the new direct deposit to take effect, or will I continue to have direct deposit until my new account is activated?
The current deposit will stop and your paycheck will be routed to your department. It will take four to six weeks for the new direct deposit to begin.

I am not having enough Federal withholding from my paycheck. How do I increase this?
See answer to question #1, regarding changing W-4 status.